A few fun facts about our home, Laramie County:
- As of the 2010 Census, the population of Laramie County was 91, 738. It is the most populated county in a very sparsely populated state!
- The county was named for Jacques La Ramee, a French-Canadian fur trader. In 1867, it was a county in the Dakota Territory.
- Laramie County is the home of Laramie County Community College.
- Towns in Laramie County include Albin, Burns, Carpenter, Cheyenne (the State Capital and county seat), Hillsdale and Pine Bluffs.
- As of 2015, more than 46 thousand people were employed in Laramie County. The three biggest employment sectors are Healthcare and Educational Services, Public Administration, and Retail Trade.